Superintendent Search 2019
Albany Unified School District is searching for a new Superintendent. The Board of Education (School Board is conducting the search and has selected the executive recruiting and development firm, McPherson & Jacobson, LLC, to assist in this important process.
Our consultant lead, Bill Huyett, was Superintendent of Berkeley Unified School District for five years before his retirement in 2012. Second lead, Nicole Anderson, is the Diversity and Equal Access Executive for the Association of California School Administrators currently, as well as consulting for Superintendent searches.
Mr. Huyett and Ms. Anderson gave an overview of the search process at the Feb. 26 school board meeting that is available at: February 26, 2019 Board of Education Meeting. The discussion of the fast-moving process with dates and timeline begins at the 2:45 minute point.
Here is the Search Planning Calendar.
Please check this webpage for ongoing updates and important announcements regarding this process.
- 2 Administrators, one from the District Office and one School Principal (chosen by their colleagues)
- 2 Classified Employee Representatives (chosen by the CSEA and SEIU unions)
- 3 Teachers (chosen by Albany Teachers Association)
- 1 Albany High School student (a student board member)
- 7 Community Members (self-nominated, with final selection by the Board of Education at the April 16 meeting)
or via snail mail to: 819 Bancroft Way, Berkeley, CA 94710.
NOMINATIONS MUST BE RECEIVED BY: Monday, April 15th at 5:00 pm
Current Parent of AUSD student(s)?:
Current AUSD employee?
Affiliations (these are not essential, but please list if you are):
● City of Albany Official, current or past
● Albany Coming Together
● Black Parent Advisory Group
● Familias Latinas
● Jewish Parent Advisory Group
● Special Education Parent
● DELAC (District English Learners Advisory Committee)
● Cornell, Marin, Ocean View, or AMS PTAs
● AHS PTSA
● A member or officer of any AUSD Fundraising Organizations--SchoolCARE, Albany Athletic Boosters, Albany Education Foundation, Albany Music Fund, Albany Performing and Fine Arts Boosters, Albany Community Foundation
Times: 8:00 am - 1:00 pm (time may vary)
Location: TBD locally
Through multiple meetings and the online input form, we hope to collect a very robust pool of input representing all perspectives in our community. Please participate in selecting Albany's next Superintendent of Schools!
STAKEHOLDER INPUT MEETINGS
An essential part of the process is engaging with the Albany community to develop a profile of the most important qualities, skills, and characteristics for the new Superintendent. To that end, an extensive series of *public stakeholder engagement meetings will be held on March 19, 20, and 22. Dates, times, and locations of each meeting are listed below. *Separate meetings will be held with staff.
As a community member, you are invited to participate in either of the two (2) Community Forums or a meeting specifically for a group with which you have an affinity. Each meeting will run about 45 minutes.
TUESDAY, MARCH 19:
5:00 - 6:00 pm: Jewish Parent Advisory Group (at AHS Library)
6:00 - 7:00 pm: Black Parent Advisory Group and Albany Coming Together (at AHS Library)
7:00 - 8:00 pm: All PTAs & PTSA, and All Fundraising Organizations (at AHS Library)
WEDNESDAY, MARCH 20:
3:00 - 4:00 pm: AHS/MAC Students (at AHS Library)
5:00 - 6:00 pm: Special Education (at AHS Library)
6:00 - 7:00 pm: DELAC (District English Learners Advisory Committee) - at Albany Middle School Library
7:00 - 8:00 pm: COMMUNITY FORUM (everyone is invited) - at Albany Middle School Library
FRIDAY, MARCH 22:
6:00 - 7:00 pm: Familias Latinas (at AHS Library)
7:00 - 8:00 pm: COMMUNITY FORUM (everyone is invited) (at AHS Library)