InterDistrict Permit Information
Interdistrict Permits into Albany Unified School District
Inter-District Permits are required for students, residing outside of Albany city limits, who wish to attend a school in Albany Unified School District.
When capacity exists, interdistrict permit requests may be approved based on the following priorities:
* 1st Priority: Students whose parents/guardian are employees of the Albany Unified School District (must work .40 FTE or more).
* 2nd Priority: Students whose parents/guardians are employed by the City of Albany, (employed at least 20 hours per week).
* 3rd Priority: Students whose siblings are ongoing interdistrict transfer students; and to ensure educational continuity of students.
* 4th Priority: Students whose parents/guardians have been business owners/operators within the City of Albany for a period of at least 12 months prior to their application.
* 5th Priority: All other applicants.
Families must obtain a signed interdistrict application from the district of residence prior to submitting an application for an interdistrict transfer.
Within 30 days of submitting an application for an interdistrict permit, families will be notified whether their application is accepted or rejected. In the event an application for an interdistrict permit is rejected, students may request to be placed on a waiting list.