Albany Unified School District
Emergency Communication Process
(updated to include Text Messages)
Text messages will now be used, in addition to the process outlined below, to notify families, students, staff, and community members about an emergency - during school hours, after-hours, or on the weekend.
- Families and staff will receive automated phone calls, and emails, and text messages from the district stating; 1) A description of the emergency, 2) The status of the situation; and 3) Details on what communication methods will be used to provide additional information as it becomes available.
- Accurate and confirmed information will be posted on the AUSD website(s) and AUSD Facebook, and Twitter.
- If an emergency takes place during school hours, you may receive a text or call from a student before AUSD can release accurate and confirmed information. Please turn to the AUSD communication methods outlined above for accurate, updated and confirmed information.
- If an emergency takes place during school hours, staff will be given direction and receive updates from the site administrators and/or District administration. If an emergency takes place during non-school hours, staff will be notified by email, phone, and text message.
Please ask the school secretary to assist you if:
1) You do not currently receive any automated phone calls, emails, or text messages from the district or school; and/or 2) You do not know how to access the AUSD website or the AUSD Facebook page or Twitter.
Families and staff will receive automated phone calls and text messages to all provided primary & secondary numbers.
If you have any questions about this communication, please call me directly at (510) 558-3766 or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Communications Manager Updated: October 2016