Interdistrict Permit Information
To obtain an interdistrict permit, please visit your district of residence for their specific interdistrict permit. Your district of residence will need to approve the permit before it can be submitted to AUSD. Once we have received your permit, your student will be added to the waitlist.
When capacity exists, interdistrict permit requests may be approved based on the following priorities:
* 1st Priority: Students whose parents/guardians are employees of the Albany Unified School District (must work a minimum of 10 hours per week).
* 2nd Priority: Students whose parents/guardians are employed by the City of Albany, (employed at least 10 hours per week).
* 3rd Priority: Students whose siblings are ongoing interdistrict transfer students; and to ensure educational continuity of students.
*4th Priority: Students who are grandchildren of individual(s) who live(s) within the boundaries of Albany Unified School District.
* 5th Priority: Students whose parents/guardians have been business owners/operators within the City of Albany for a period of at least 1 month prior to their application.
* 6th Priority: All other applicants.
If an interdistrict permit application is submitted to AUSD for the current school year, families will be notified whether their application is approved or denied within 30 days.
If an interdistrict permit application is submitted to AUSD for the following school year, most families will be notified in writing within two (2) weeks as to whether their application is approved or denied. Please be sure to enroll in your student in your district of residence as new enrollment in AUSD with an interdistrict permit is never guaranteed.
If an application for an interdistrict permit is denied, students will be placed on a waiting list. To remain on the waiting list, a new interdistrict permit application must be submitted each school year.
Interdistrict Permits out of Albany Unified School District
Students wishing to attend school outside of Albany Unified School District must complete the Interdistrict Transfer Application for Alameda County Schools found below and submit it to Albany Unified School District (1200 Solano Ave, Albany, CA).
Questions: Email Student Services: firstname.lastname@example.org