Interdistrict Permit Information
Interdistrict Permits into Albany Unified School District
Interdistrict Permits are required for students, residing outside of Albany city limits, who wish to attend a school in Albany Unified School District.
When capacity exists, interdistrict permit requests may be approved based on the following priorities:
* 1st Priority: Students whose parent/guardian is an employee of the Albany Unified School District (must work .40 FTE or more).
* 2nd Priority: Students whose parent/guardian is an employee of the City of Albany, (employed at least 20 hours per week).
* 3rd Priority: Students whose sibling(s) is/are ongoing interdistrict permit students; or to ensure educational continuity of students.
* 4th Priority: Students whose parent/guardian has been a business owner/operator within the City of Albany for a period of at least 12 months prior to their application.
* 5th Priority: All other applicants.
Families must obtain a signed interdistrict permit application from their district of residence prior to submitting the application to AUSD for an interdistrict transfer into Albany schools.
If an interdistrict permit application is submitted to AUSD for the current school year, families will be notified whether their application is approved or denied within 30 days.
If an application for an interdistrict permit is denied, students will be placed on a waiting list. To remain on the waiting list, a new interdistrict permit application must be submitted each school year.