Interdistrict Permit Information
apply for inter-district transfers to Albany High School
To obtain an interdistrict permit, please visit your district of residence for their specific interdistrict permit. Your district of residence will need to approve the permit before it can be submitted to AUSD. Once we have received your permit, your student will be added to the waitlist.
When capacity exists, interdistrict permit requests may be approved based on the following priorities:
* 1st Priority: Students whose parent/guardian is an employee of the Albany Unified School District (must work .40 FTE or more).
* 2nd Priority: Students whose parent/guardian is an employee of the City of Albany, (employed at least 20 hours per week).
* 3rd Priority: Students whose sibling(s) is/are ongoing interdistrict permit students; or to ensure educational continuity of students.
* 4th Priority: Students whose parent/guardian has been a business owner/operator within the City of Albany for a period of at least 12 months prior to their application.
* 5th Priority: All other applicants.
If more requests are received than spaces available, a lottery will be held at the highest priority level reached. This is not a first come first served process.
If an interdistrict permit application is submitted to AUSD for the current school year, families will be notified whether their application is approved or denied within 30 days.
If an interdistrict permit application is submitted to AUSD for the following school year, families may be notified as late as the second week after the new school year begins as to whether their application is approved or denied. If your student is a High School level student, families will be notified of permit approval prior to the start of school. Please be sure to enroll in your student in your district of residence as new enrollment in AUSD with an interdistrict permit is never guaranteed.
If an application for an interdistrict permit is denied, students will be placed on a waiting list. To remain on the waiting list, a new interdistrict permit application must be submitted each school year.
Interdistrict Permits out of Albany Unified School District
Students wishing to attend school outside of Albany Unified School District must complete the Interdistrict Transfer Application for Alameda County Schools found below and submit it to Albany Unified School District (1200 Solano Ave, Albany, CA).
Questions: Contact Kristin Nichols, Student Services Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org