Middle and High School Enrollment Information
Information for New High School and Middle School Students
MIDDLE SCHOOL ENROLLMENT
- If your student will be entering grades 7-8, you MUST have with you a transcript from his/her most recent school, along with current grades, before a counselor can assist with course selection.
HIGH SCHOOL ENROLLMENT
- For students who register during the spring enrollment period, plan to attend a course selection session for new students at Albany High School in May or June. A parent/guardian and student should attend this session together. For students who register during the summer, plan to attend a course selection and placement testing session in August before school starts.
- Students will take the following placement tests:
Foreign Language (Spanish, French or Mandarin)*
*not necessary if signing up for Level 1 of a language
English Language Development
- If your student will be entering 9th grade, please bring his/her most recent report card with you to the course selection session.
- If your student will be entering grades 10-12, you MUST have with you a transcript from his/her most recent school, along with current grades, before a counselor can assist with course selection.
If your student has an IEP (a Special Education plan) from his/her last school, your enrollment package will be sent first to our Special Services office. Special Services will check the IEP and let us know the services your student will receive at Albany Middle School or Albany High School. This process must take place before we can create a schedule for your son/daughter.