Enroll in AUSD
Welcome to the Albany Unified School District!
Our dedicated teachers, administrators, and staff provide a world-class education for all students, from early childhood through high school. Our mission is to provide excellent public education that empowers all to achieve their fullest potential as productive citizens.
If you missed the TK / K Parent Orientation Night webinar, don't worry! View the slides here, watch the video of the presentation here, and also, be sure to read through the updated Q & A generated from parent's questions at the webinar.
Before you start, please see links below for further information:
- Transitional Kindergarten Information
- Kindergarten Information
- Elementary Enrollment FAQs
- Middle and High School Enrollment Information
Please complete the following steps to enroll your child. Note that you only need to ENROLL a student once. In the following years, parents of continuing students DO NOT need to re-enroll.
- Complete the online enrollment form: Aeries Online Enrollment
In order to complete the online enrollment form you must have a valid address in Albany.
- We strongly recommend that you schedule an appointment to submit your documents. You can schedule an appointment by emailing [email protected].
- Assemble the required student information (original documents):
❏ Printout of the Aeries Online Enrollment Form
❏ Certified Birth or Baptismal Certificate or Passport
❏ Immunization Records. Your child will NOT be able to enroll until you have provided documentation of ALL required immunizations. Please click here for the California Department of Public Health requirements
❏ Report Card/Transcript from previous school attended (does not apply to Transitional Kindergarten or new Kindergarten students)
- Assemble the required proof of residency (original documents):
❏ Print and complete a Declaration of Residency
❏ Parent's or legal guardian's Driver’s License, Passport, or Government-issued ID
❏ One (1) of the following with parent's/guardian's name & address:
Current rental agreement
Deed of trust
Property tax bill
Renter’s or homeowner’s insurance policy
❏ Two (2) current documents (dated within 45 days) with name and address imprinted (not required for UC Village residents):
Payroll check stub
Voter Registration or correspondence from a government agency
Please note the following:
- We encourage you to black-out or remove account numbers and financial information.
- Complete rental/lease agreements are required.
- Documents must show your name, address and date.
- The first page of a bill or bank statement is sufficient.
Additional Documents If Applicable (original documents):
❏ Physical Exam required for entering 1st grade (valid exams up to 18 months prior to entry)
❏ Dental Examination Record (required by May 31st of student's first year in public school)
❏ Current IEP
❏ Current 504 plan
❏ Custody/Divorce court documents
❏ Court/Restraining Order
❏ Foster Youth Parent Agreement
- Bring your original documents to our Enrollment Center: