Enroll in AUSD
Welcome to the Albany Unified School District!
Our dedicated teachers, administrators, and staff provide a world-class education for all students, from early childhood through high school. Our mission is to provide excellent public education that empowers all to achieve their fullest potential as productive citizens.
Before you start, please see links below for further information:
- Transitional Kindergarten Information
- Kindergarten Information
- Elementary Enrollment FAQs
- Middle and High School Enrollment Information
To enroll, follow the steps outlined below and you'll be on your way to a successful school experience.
- Complete the online enrollment form: Aeries Online Enrollment
In order to complete the online enrollment form you must have a valid address in Albany.
- Schedule an appointment
At the end of the online enrollment form, after you press “Finish and Submit,” click on the link to the appointment calendar to schedule an appointment.
- Assemble the required student information:
❏ Printout of Online Enrollment Form
❏ Certified Birth or Baptismal Certificate or Passport
❏ Immunization Records. Your child will NOT be able to enroll until you have provided documentation of ALL required immunizations. Please click here for the California Department of Public Health requirements
❏ Report Card/Transcript from previous school attended (does not apply to Transitional Kindergarten or new Kindergarten students)
- Assemble the required proof of residency:
❏ Print and complete a Declaration of Residency
❏ Parent/legal guardian Driver’s License, Passport or Government-issued ID
❏ One (1) of the following with parent/guardian name & address:
Current rental agreement
Deed of trust
Property tax bill
Renter’s or homeowner’s insurance policy
❏ Two (2) current documents (dated within 45 days) with name and address imprinted (not required for UC Village residents):
Payroll check stub
Voter Registration or correspondence from a government agency
Please note the following:
- We encourage you to remove account numbers and financial information.
- Complete rental/lease agreements are required.
- Documents must show your name, address and date.
- The first page of a bill or bank statement is sufficient.
Additional Documents If Applicable:
❏ Physical Exam required for entering 1st grade (valid exams up to 18 months prior to entry)
❏ Dental Examination Record (required by May31st of his/her 1st year in public school)
❏ Current IEP
❏ Current 504 plan
❏ Custody/Divorce court documents
❏ Court/Restraining Order
❏ Foster Youth Parent Agreement
- Bring ALL required documents to your enrollment appointment at:
Phone: 510 558-3750
We kindly request that appointments be made for all new enrollments.
- Monday: 8:00am - 4:30pm (lunch 1:30-2:00)
- Tuesday: 8:00am - 4:30pm (lunch 1:30-2:00)
- Wednesday: 8:00am - 7:00pm (lunch 1:30-2:30)
- Thursday: 8:00am - 4:30pm (lunch 1:30-2:00)
- Friday: 8:00am - 2:30 pm (lunch 12:00-12:30)
* The office is closed for lunch during times noted above
You must have all your original documents, including required immunizations, in order to enroll your student. Photo copies will not be accepted.