The Business Services Department of the Albany Unified School District is committed to being service oriented, with a "can-do attitude". Department staff is dedicated to providing services to students, employees, parents, and the community. The Business Services department is a highly efficient operation with team cohesiveness, serving the business needs of the District.
The Business Services department, working cooperatively, provides excellent business and administrative services to staff and students. Services are offered in a timely, consultative manner designed to assist in solving problems and meeting new and ever changing challenges in the following areas:
• fiscal services to ensure district financial stability;
• employee payroll services which ensure timely and accurate paychecks;
• maintenance of clean and functioning buildings and equipment;
• maintenance of clean, attractive and neat grounds and exterior areas;
• providing delicious, appetizing and nutritious meals for students and staff;
• centralized, expeditious purchasing of materials, equipment and services;
• construction and reconstruction of facilities to meet current and future needs;
These services are provided by individuals with positive and service oriented attitudes who are resourceful in determining solutions and the best in their respective fields.
The Business Services department is committed to using a collaborative approach and promoting participation of every employee in the division which results in the delivery of efficient services, a high level of productivity, and effective decisions. In order to serve the varied needs of staff and students, division employees attend staff development training as well as school and district meetings to acquire the necessary knowledge, skills and abilities to successfully meet the needs of the district. Acquisition of the best tools, technology, training and equipment combined with adequately staffed departments and a service orientation attitude from division employees will ensure that District staff and students believe they are our highest priority.