As composed by the PTA Council Disaster Preparedness Committee
IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR PARENTS AND FAMILIES
If an emergency strikes while your child is at school
- Students should remain at school. If an earthquake or other emergency happens, school is one of the safest places for students to be.
- Do not telephone the school. Telephone lines may be needed for emergency communication. If you phone your child by cell phone, please DO NOT ask them to leave school grounds!
- Pick up your child as soon as possible. Students will be released only to parents/guardians and adults identified on the Emergency Form completed at the beginning of each school year.
- What if my child has to stay at school for a long time? Students will remain under the supervision of school personnel until picked up by a parent or designated adult. If necessary, students may be moved to another location. Look for posted notices.
- Use your radio for more information on local conditions. Tune into KCBS AM740, or Berkeley Emergency Radio AM1610.
Detailed Emergency Procedures are posted in each classroom in the District. A copy is also available from the Office of the Superintendent, Administration Office.